Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Letter - 2 ...

Dear Papa,

Hope this letter finds you in good health and spirit.

This is my second letter to you, I am sure you would wonder what made me write to you again after so many years. Well, I would be lying if I say I have an answer. In my last letter I asked you to be a part of my birthday, but guess God doesn’t allow too many outings. No worries, good that you listened to him, after all he is the one who takes care of you. My birthday was good by the way. I have made some good friends here. I hope the ones who surround you there love you and keep you happy.

Papa, I know God wouldn’t agree to it, but I wish you could see me once. I am a grown up girl now. I have started earning on my own, taking my decisions by myself. I have learnt a lot of things since you left. I wish you could be here once and see how I look now, how I talk, how I behave and how happy I am. I also want to buy for you the blue striped kurta that I saw in Pantaloons, from my own money. I think you know how much I wanted to buy it for you. I told you silently. I still believe that you hear me when I talk to you in silence. But nevermind, I have grown up enough to understand that everything doesn’t work the way I like.

I am not going to invite you for my next birthday. I know you will not come and I don’t want to give you the feeling of disappointing me. My birthdays go pretty well now and I miss you less. I wonder if this would make you happy or sad. But I want you to be comforted in knowing that I am doing well and making the best out of my life. And of course, I miss you, sometimes.

Please take care of you, I am not sure if I’ll write again.

Your loving daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment