Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Letter ...

Found it on some blog through Random Browsing ... I got teary eyes reading this letter... Will also publish the 2nd part ...

Dear Papa,
Hope this letter finds you in good health and spirit.
I have been thinking of writing to you ever since you left us, but my best friend says that there is no mail service to the place you’re in. If this is the case, my letter is going to be the very first one in heaven. Exciting...isn’t it? She also says that people who go to heaven never come back, but don’t you worry, I’ve told her that you are different.
Papa, it’s been two years since I’ve been celebrating my birthday without you. I feel your presence around me when I cut the cake though, but this is not enough. This time I want you next to me in person. I want my friends to see that my papa is better looking and more caring than theirs. I know it’ll be hard to convince God. If it is much of a problem, make him talk to me, I’ll get his permission. I’ve heard he doesn’t say ‘no’ to children…just like you have never said ‘no’ to me.
One last thing, if possible bring grandma and grandpa along. We’ll send them back after the party if they want. But you are going to stay with me for all my coming birthdays. You can’t refuse me on anything…I so much know it.
I miss you papa…don’t disappoint me…please.
Waiting,
You loving daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment