Thursday, July 28, 2011

Changed ME...

I decided to write this piece of post taking a cue from the chat I had with a dear friend Kunal the other night. I was just trying and explaining him that FYBcom was the best year of my college life so far. Here it is why!!

Before coming directly to FY days, let me go couple of years back to my Matriculation days. It was 'probably' the best year of my schooling life. The reason for the exaggeration is the very fact that I secured 80% marks back then! Well that 80% had my lots of sweat and hard-work. Lethargy and Procrastination are two of my personality traits, as my papa always points it out. I don't take life too seriously. I'm from the ones who believes that there is lots of time in the womb of tomorrow than today.

The success story was so climaxed that in the first preliminary exam conducted by my school, I got 73/75 in geometry and 1/75 in algebra. I still remember Leela ma'm saying, 'usko chhod do, uska kuchh nahin ho sakta' in her typical south Indian accent. This triggered off the Men in me. I went back home and prepared nothing but algebra for the coming two weeks. And in the second prelims I got 71/75 in geometry and 74/75 in algebra. Everybody, including me, was taken aback. How can somebody travel so much in just a time-lag of two weeks? Well, all this and I secured 80% in SSC. When I went to my school to take my result, Leela ma'm exclaimed that 'mera book complete karta toh 85% aata' again in her typical accent [guys, remember SQUARED ROOT TWO for Square Root Two?? :P].

Again due to my procrastination and laziness, I bunked my coaching classes for two months in a row. Shailesh sir used to call every alternative day to enquire about my where abouts, I was sharp enough even back then, as I never let anybody pick-up the cell seeing his number !!

Well this hysteria of 80% continued to play at the back of mind and worked big time even in college. In my FYJc days too, I was the same adamant guy who never touched books until the exam was on the head. Result- I got 51% in 11th. Can you believe the very fact that I got some 140 odd marks in maths in my 10th graders, but was really feelings blues before the result of FYJC would be out. I got 36/100. For this downfall, I would attribute the contribution of 103 movies that I saw in those 8 months !! [including my first ever experience of watching a blue film on big screen at Shriram] :P I took admission in a coaching class but attended it only for one month then again started to bunk them. You see, the EGO ??

Well it was 12th where I became a bit of internet-literate, all thanks to my dear KC. He taught me to use internet for fruitful purposes but, as the KEEDAS in me rose again, I got the addiction of Orkut-Chirkut [i.e. the social networking]. Because of poor performance in maths in FYJc, the ghost of Maths continued to haunt me. I used to cry while bathing for my dad had filled up my form and he decided that I go for Maths and not the other practical subject. Well, truly saying, I would say more then the fear, the reason was me not practicing the subject. May be again that was due to the fear or prejudice that ‘jab kuchh aata hi nahi hai toh practice kya ghanta karoon??’. Well. I got a mere 68% in my HSC exams.I had joined Enkays then. Did lots of KEEDA-KAANDI there too. When the results were out, NK sir exclaimed that you dug your own grave because of your nature of over-helping your friends [Vivek and Ronak, remember the HW book incident] :( I was so childish.

The real jolting came when I failed for the very first time i.e. CPT first attempt. I didn’t cried. This was for the reason that even before I wrote the exams, I was sure of failure because the lectures of CPT were conducted in the summer vacation after HSC and for me it was the time to enjoy as I had studied a ‘lot’ for 12th. Well, ok, I started my FYBcom.

Now the real thingie started, my day used to start at 5.45. I used to leave for the college at 6.40 sharp. Going there, sitting for two lectures, then eating the Anna-Ka-Wada-Pav outside the college, “trying” to ‘teach’ maths and accounts to a dear buddy Niku. Well, I thought I was teaching and she thought that she was learning :P. And then a walk to classes with Chacha-Bhatija-Gandhi. There was rumour that me and niku are seeing each other. Man! I wanted to kill the rascal who said so. Main kahaan.....woh kahaan! :P It was so beautiful weather back then, so calm, so serene, so peaceful. I has been two full years since I haven’t heard the birds chirping in the morning. Well, I forgot to mention the same addiction of movies and internet. I shifted from Orkut to some-what more advanced FB. And for movies, I don’t remember whether I missed any movie with Vivek ~ !! :D

For SY, I would say – “NO COMMENTS” for I myself don’t know where it started and when it ended. I attended one lecture in the entire year and that too to submit my project. Looking at me strangely, Kavita ma’m remarked, ‘New Admission kya?’. It was a bit of awkward moment but to escape I said Yes !! It wasn’t a year, it was a night-mare. I did nothing for one year, but just toiled around. But something good happened. I buried my hatches with Kunal for the reason that we had a little tiff after HSC on the matter of Kiran. Well, everything is in sync now.

Presently, TYBcom.......man I would again say- “NO COMMENTS” as everybody knows that ‘bahut buri tarah fati padi hai, aisi ki seel bhi nahi sakte’ coz of the recent amendment of 60/40 pattern. I sincerely pray and hope that it be taken back as the rumour mill is churning. 


Well the post has become too long for the ones who’ve read it. So my motive behind writing all so long was to point out that, so many things have changed around and inside me in the past 4yrs. I’m not what I was 4yrs back. I’ve stopped letting the people take advantage over me. I’m learning to say No sweetly. I’m still the same little kid in many ways. Just that the priorities have changed. And I guess it’s normal. And I’ve become more of anti-social these days, [not in the actual sense of the word but for the reason of me leaving social-networking you dumbos!]. Lets see, what the future has in store for me. Will keep you guys informed about it. For those who are interested, you are always welcome. For those who are not, go kiss Rakhi Sawant [worst then hell]. :P Signing off !!

No comments:

Post a Comment