Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mumbai v/s Mumbai

Recently saw this promo of Prakash Jha's upcoming movie Aarakshan. The tagline of the movie is "INDIA v/s INDIA". For the past 20 hours or so I'm in Mumbai as such they call it. THE MUMBAI. Western suburbs. Well title of this post is also a catastrophic take on Mumbai v/s Mumbai.

I fondly remember Harish sir commenting that 'hum gaon mein rehte hain'. Whoa! What a true comment it was. We [i.e. the Kalyankars] actually do live in Village. The basic difference lies in the very fact that our thought process is totally different. People here in Western area don't try to look KHOOL..... rather they are. You catch here a dumbo guy and he will act as if the scholar of Kalyan. This is what draws a line. And hence I used the title 'Mumbai v/s Mumbai'.

It is true that we live in a central suburb of MUMBAI. But to be very specific I don't think we're even part of its development pace. But when I look at the things from the other angle, I feel our Kalyan is still more better in terms of congestion. Man! It took me 1.15 hours to reach Powai but 1 hour for travelling Powai to Andheri. Such a pathetic condition of roads. So many humans surrounding you. Yeah, one may argue that in some years time Kalyan too will turn into a somewhat clone of a western suburb, but still I want those few years to take few more years. Well, everything else is going fine in my Kalyan.

Okay okay, the post is getting really lengthy, now concluding it. Take Care, lots of love to all.
Regards,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment